History

Before 1843 there was a small group of people called, A Class, led by Rev. Danial Spessard. They met reguarly in the village of Middleburg, now known as State Line, PA. In 1843 they were organized into an organized church, United Brethern In Christ. Sometime in the same year a board of trustees was organized for the purpose of building a church building. The same year a cornerstone was laid and the church building finished and dedicated by the presiding elder, Rev Jacob Markwood. The pastors who at the time of dedication were Rev. Jacob Bachtel and Rev. John Richards.

Over the years as the church grew, a meeting was called on November 26, 1948 to consider building a new building. On May 1949 a congressional meeting voted in favor of a new building. Ground breaking took place May 24, 1951. The new church located just 14 feet East of the old church building was dedicated April 14, 1952. The cost of the new structure was $37,000 for the building and $8,000 for the furniture. It was known as the First Evangelical United Brethern Church.

The fall 1983 expansion and renovation now known as State Line United Methodist Church was in response to a growing need for additional space for worship seating and Sunday school space. The project was designed by Don Baer of the Blake Company, and built by them, under a design/build contract. In doubling our existing floor space this project provided additional seating in the sanctuary, a pastors office, a secretarys office, an expanded kitchen, a larger nursery, a library, additional classroom space, rest rooms on both levels of the building and much needed storage space. The final cost was in excess of $250,000. The final result of this building project is not only a multifunctional facility, but an attractive House of Worship.

The State Line United Methodist Church exist today for the purpose of outreach and ministry to the State Line community and area, and to provide a place of worship and fellowship for those seeking to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ministers Who Have Served Our Church

These faithful and dedicated "Soldiers Of The Cross" have served , and are serving all so that God's work might continue.

  Contributed by Richard Horst